Moodle 2.8 was released in November 2014 and brings in some fantastic improvements to the Gradebook tool, forums, analytics and usability. The new Atto text editor now has the ability to auto-save meaning that your content is kept secure. Users can now send themselves an email with an attachment and Moodle will save the attachment within the private files block. Other features include improvements to the Gradebook and Forum activity:
Improvements to the Gradebook:
We were impressed when we first used the new Moodle grader report which is now functional across all devices with smooth scrolling. Quick editing allows changes to be made without having to reload the page. A new single view allows teachers to view all the grades of one single student or a single grade item for all students. Using the new grade history report users can view only revised grades and download the data into a CSV or Excel file.
Forum activity enhancements:
We found the ability to reply to forum posts by email (and even include attachments) very useful. Users now have the ability to subscribe to individual discussions and receive emails for the discussions within a forum. There are also new links which allow users to easily move between forum discussions.
Other features and improvements include:
- A new user menu creates shortcuts to personal pages such as My home and profile settings
- Improved quiz editing screen and completion condition settings
- Users can select more than one choice when creating a Choice activity
- Event monitoring allows teachers, managers and admins to create and subscribe to events
- Admins can create cohorts by uploading a csv file
- It is also possible to create cohorts when uploading users
- Admins can clearly see site and category cohorts using the improved cohorts section
We were very excited when testing Moodle 2.8 and are very satisfied with the features and improvements made. Most of the widely used Moodle plugins are now compatible with Moodle 2.8. The MIS integration suite which we offer to our clients is also fully compatible.
Click the link below to learn more about all of the features and improvements made to Moodle 2.8:
If you’re interested in upgrading to version 2.8 or using Moodle for the first time then please feel free to contact us on +44(0) 1133 200 346 or email email@example.com.