Our latest downloadable guide is centred around the use of Moodle as a way to drive parental engagement.
More and more as part of a school’s overall strategy, involving parents as much as possible is advantageous for a number of reasons:
- Ensuring that parents are aware of their child’s day to day education, the subjects they’re studying and the school’s expectations of them as a student.
- Providing parents with relevant information about a child’s strengths and weaknesses or specific needs, allowing them to coordinate support.
- Fostering constructive communication between a child’s parents and teachers.
Schools often ask ‘Why use Moodle to drive parental engagement, when there are so many other tools”?
A well designed Moodle platform, integrated with the school’s MIS software, provides the ideal tool for fostering a high level of parental engagement, because:
- Parents have access to relevant data 24 hours a day, from a range of Internet devices.
- Anytime access and regular updates to the data available encourages regular use.
- Communication tools are available in real-time or asynchronously to connect parents with staff.
- Allowing parents to view lesson plans and any work set for their children along with any feedback helps them to support their child from home.
- Storing course materials, grades, important events, etc in Moodle reduces the overhead for teaching and admin staff in communicating this to parents.
- Via EduLink One integration attainment, attendance, and behavioural data can be shared with parents via easy to view reports.
This guide covers a number of items, such as a range of checklists for granting LMS access to parents, ideas to drive parental engagement, the use of EduLink integration and advice on releasing credentials to parents.
We now have a Moodle support portal called ‘Titus Community’ which hosts guides like this in a central location for all our customers, which you can access here.
If you would like to download just the guide, then you can do so here:
To learn more about the work we’ve done with Moodle, or to find out how we could help your school or organisation improve engagement, communication and learning outcomes, book a short online demo with one of our team.