We’re very proud to be a sponsor of this year’s MoodleMoot UK, hosted at Glasgow’s University of Strathclyde from March 26-28. It’ll be our first one since gaining certified Moodle Partner status, although many of our team have attended past events individually.
UPDATE: We have a limited number of tickets available for this year’s MoodleMoot UK and Ireland. If you’d be interested in applying for one, please contact us via the Book a meeting link below. We’ll allocate the tickets on a first come, first served basis.
Automated & Peer Assessment: Let the students do some marking!
As the author of the popular “Gapfill” question type plugin for Moodle, Marcus has a wealth of experience in utilising and adapting quizzes within Moodle. He explains how Moodle can support automated and peer assessment with benefits to teachers and students alike. The session will cover:
- Perception of “marking” as an activity from the student vs teacher perspective
- Learning styles and how this informs marking schemes
- Automated quizzes, question types and behaviours
- Examples of core and third party solutions to automate marking in Moodle
- The power of peer assessment
Nord Anglia Education case study: More visual, more social, more educational
Titus Learning worked with Nord Anglia Education to provide a bespoke Moodle platform with a wealth of innovative new functionality, including:
- Customisation of the media gallery plugin
- A new, highly visual dashboard with at a glance access to key user data
- An events tool which allows scheduling and management of online seminars
- A content tagging and streaming interface
- A media driven social sharing environment
We’ll also be taking part in the Dr Moodle panel discussion on the afternoon of the 27th – hope to see you there!
We’re always keen to hear from anyone who shares our passion for Moodle, and we look forward to meeting you during the Moodle Moot. If you’d like to book a specific meeting with us during the event, click below: