Job Vacancy: Technical Analyst
Table of Contents
We’re Titus – an award-winning Premium Moodle Partner providing innovative e-learning services to workplace learning, education providers, and training companies around the world.
Right now, we’re looking for an experienced and enthusiastic team player to join our Technology team in the role of Technical Analyst – starting as soon as possible.
This hands-on senior technical role will work collaboratively as part of our service-desk team supporting our customers managing operational incidents, technical problems, and implementing changes on our Moodle installations.
You will have a strong technical background have been working in an eLearning environment and have a detailed understanding of Moodle VLE’s and open-source (LAMP and LEMP) platforms. You will bring experience working within a ServiceDesk environment and operating ITIL processes.
What you will bring to the role:
- Strong Moodle administration with open-source operating systems and database technologies.
- Hands-on Experience with Linux command line functions to access servers, create, update and delete files, control processes, and read PHP and web server log files.
- Experience working with SLA’s aligned to ITIL Process’s to manage Incidents, Problems & Changes
- Excellent communication skills with strong problem-solving and analytical skills
At Titus, we are committed to agile development principles and you’ll demonstrate a matching commitment. This applies to everyone across the technology team – development, test and operations. Team commitment is an essential part of our daily lives.
What we need from you
- A minimum of 2 years’ administration experience with Moodle or Totara VLE’s & Moodle Plug-in in a customer-facing support role
- Experience with educational technology in one or more learning environments (K12, Higher Ed, Workplace)
- Experience with systems administration and Moodle application configuration within an open-source technology stack
- Experience working with MS Active Directory, O365, SMTP, SSO & Development Integration configurations
Also ideal (but not a deal-breaker)
- Experience with AWS Cloud infrastructure or AWS specialisms in Security, advanced Networking including (VPCs, Service Perimeters, and gateway Interconnects)
- PHP 7+ with a solid understanding of OOP principles, HTML5, CSS3 and SCSS, Docker / Node / NPM / Grunt, database technologies (MySQL / Postgres)
- Experience or knowledge of agile or lean methodologies, enterprise storage, networking technologies or security products would also be advantageous.
What you’ll get in return
- A friendly and dynamic working environment in a rapidly expanding technology company, working with a global client base
- Dedicated company time and funding for self-improvement, learning, and innovation
- Located in fabulous office space in Saltaire, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Flexibility around working hours and location
- Regular socials and staff activities
- Competitive salary and benefits package
Apply with a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org – or get in touch if you have questions about the role.
Deadline for applications – 01 November 2020.
Start date – ASAP.
The Titus company values underpin our work with our clients, the development of our staff, and our investment in innovation:
Quality: we do our best every time.
Growth: we develop as individuals, and as a team.
Responsibility: we always take ownership.
Flexibility: we do what needs to be done.
Trust: we communicate openly.
We bring this experience and attitude to bear in enabling success within our client organisations, creating solutions which allow our clients to nurture talent, improve communication, share knowledge and understand outcomes, increasing their value and competitive advantage.
We care about making Titus a fun, inclusive and interesting place to work, and actively support our team members in their personal and professional development. And we run exceptional team socials and events too.
**STRICTLY NO AGENCIES**
If you think you’d be a good fit, get in touch on the button below: