Moodle Educator Certification Program
Get Certified with Titus Learning
The Moodle Educator Certification Program (MEC) is a comprehensive teaching and learning curriculum designed to build and recognize mastery of education-based digital competence through the use of the Moodle platform.
Contact Us at Titus Learning to get enrolled, demonstrate your skills, and get awarded the certification from our qualified facilitator.
What challenge does the MEC address?
As educators are required to know a wider and more integrated set of digital competencies, professional learning opportunities must empower educators to prepare learners for an increasingly interconnected, digital world.
The MEC’s 22 modules develop essential digital competencies that instructors and learners will rely on to meet their learning goals – inside and outside of the classroom.
What will participants learn?
The Moodle Educator Certification program (MEC) modules provide teachers, instructors, and trainers with the knowledge and skills necessary for empowering learners to succeed in an increasingly interconnected world. The key to developing these skills is MEC’s four teaching approaches (Design, Guide, Connect, and Reflect) that encompass twenty-two competency-based modules.
Each module is aligned with international learning and digital competency standards. The MEC program provides educators a place to develop and demonstrate their own digital competencies by using the Moodle platform.
What makes the Moodle Educator Certification Program unique?
The MEC Program was designed using leading research on teaching and learning, digital competency standards, and curriculum development. By focusing on competencies and the educator’s own teaching context, the MEC provides learning opportunities for instructors at all levels of education; from early childhood to higher education and workplace training.
The MEC contains 22 modules with each focused on a particular digital competency. These twenty-two modules are grouped into four teaching approaches: Design, Guide, Connect and Reflect.
The Moodle Educator Certification Program modules are grouped into four teaching approaches – Design, Guide, Connect and Reflect. These four teaching approaches use the Relational Model for Teaching and Learning© (RMTL) to guide how to best use Moodle’s extraordinary flexibility in demonstrating ways to address both the digital competency requirements and meeting the needs of learners.
Design effective learning experiences with Moodle and use Moodle to enhance the diversity and suitability of instruction and learning experiences.
Guide and facilitate activities to reach learning goals and use appropriate Moodle tools for instruction and effective teaching interventions
Connect to create collaborative learning opportunities and use Moodle to foster learner collaboration, communication, and knowledge creation.
Reflect on teaching and learning practices and use Moodle to gather evidence of progress, provide feedback, and adapt teaching strategies.
For the initial launch, the six modules required for the Foundation Level Digital Competence certificate will be released. The six modules and the associated learning outcomes (what participants will focus on learning) are:
Respond to learners’ diverse needs and ensure accessibility to learning resources and activities in Moodle
Locate, design, modify, and share properly attributed open content to support learning objectives.
Guide learners by evaluating performance and responding to their needs.
Explore new tools and strategies to guide learners toward achieving learning objectives.
Foster the creation and exchange of knowledge through collaboration and peer interaction.
Construct and revise assessments based on learning objectives and learner performance.
The comprehensive Moodle Educator Certification Program will include the following modules:
Each MEC module provide clear instructions, context about the learning outcome, access to Moodle tutorials and places to collaborate.
Each MEC module provides examples of how the Moodle platform can be used to build learning activities that effectively address a specific learning outcome. The MEC program purposely used only core Moodle functionality in the Design Challenge examples to ensure universal access to the same tools when participants transfer their MEC learnings to their local Moodle installation.
Moodle tool and activities
The Moodle Educator Certification Program is designed for teachers, instructors, and trainers who:
- seek certification and recognition for their mastery of teaching and learning goals and of the Moodle platform;
- want to develop their knowledge of essential educational digital competencies required of today’s educators; and
- wish to learn how to use Moodle in new and innovative ways.
- CHOOSE YOUR MODULE
- Choose one of the Educator Certification Program’s modules each focused on an educational digital competency.
- EXPLORE TEACHING AND LEARNING USING MOODLE
- Delve into essential teaching and learning practices and learn how Moodle’s flexibility can be used to build creative and impactful learning experiences.
- DESIGN AND BUILD LEARNING ACTIVITIES
- Use your provided Moodle sandbox to design and build learning activities that address essential digital competencies that are relevant for your learners.
- RECEIVE EXPERT GUIDANCE
- Receive guidance and support from MEC-certified Moodle Partner facilitators to develop your mastery of Moodle and the digital competencies.
- GET CERTIFIED!
- Earn module badges to work towards receiving one of three certification options: Foundation Level Certification, Teaching Approach Specialisation, and Comprehensive Certification.
Badges and certification
Participants need to achieve a level of “Competent” or “Mastery” in both Design Challenges in each MEC module to receive a module badge. Design Challenges are where participants design and build learning activities that focus on a particular digital competency. A trained MEC Moodle Partner facilitator will provide guidance about Design Challenges as well as assessing how effectively the Design Challenges address the module’s learning outcomes.
There are three certification pathways available in the Moodle Educator Certification Program:
- Foundation Level Digital Competence (6 Moodle-HQ selected modules)
- Teaching Approach Certification (all modules in a teaching approach category)
- Comprehensive Certification (all 22 modules)
Copyright and attribution
- The Moodle Educator Certification Program and MEC content and associated materials are Copyright 2019, Moodle Pty Ltd. All rights reserved.
- The Relational Model for Teaching and Learning (RMTL) © 2017 Solange Lalonde. All rights reserved.
- DigCompEdu images: Redecker, C. European Framework for the Digital Competence of Educators: DigCompEdu. Punie, Y. (ed). EUR 28775 EN. Publications Office of the European Union, Luxembourg, 2017.