Job Vacancy: Quality Assurance Tester
Table of Contents
Titus, a Certified Premium Moodle Partner for the UK, UAE, and Hong Kong, is looking to add an experienced Quality Assurance Tester to our growing technology team. We are looking for a problem solver with an eye for detail who is comfortable working in a fast-paced and energetic environment, naturally good with people, and eager to have a big impact over the coming years of growth.
A key role for both our in-house software development and technical delivery process, You’ll be working on a variety of projects helping to establish QA best practice into the end to end delivery cycle not just at the end of the process, testing new and existing software across our web & mobile applications and will contribute to our test automation strategy to improve the usability of our software products and API services.
What you will bring to this role:
- Enthusiasm and an eye for detail with a keen interest in software engineering
- Critical thinking, to put yourself in the shoes of our users and apply logic to testing plans
- Flexibility to accommodate different test strategies, manual Vs automated and how tooling can help to tackle a test problem
- Practical experience of QA test planning, test strategy, and estimation of features for sprint and releases within a scrum environment
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to present technical information clearly and set correct expectations within and outside the team
- Experience using tools like Jira, Confluence and Open-source architectures/software
- Understanding of user story definition with acceptance criteria, sprint planning, Test Scripting, code reviews, releases
- Ability to write and review test plans and an appreciation of test automation
At Titus, we are committed to agile development principles, this applies to everyone across the technology team, development, test, and operations – team commitment is an essential part of our daily lives.
As a young, successful, and charismatic company we are seeking a candidate that will embrace the Titus culture and values and become a key member of the team for years to come.
What you’ll get in return:
- A friendly and dynamic working environment in a rapidly expanding technology company, working with a global client base
- Dedicated company time for self-improvement, learning, and innovation.
- Located in fabulous office space in Saltaire, a world heritage site.
- Easily commutable from Leeds, Bradford, Halifax, and surrounding areas
- Flexibility around working hours and location
- Regular socials and staff activities
- Competitive salary & benefits package (after probationary period)
What we expect from you:
Must have skills:
- 2 years experience within a similar Quality Assurance Test role
- Strong organizational skills and excellent attention to detail
- Ability to debug and test via browser developer tools – Chrome or Firefox
- Strong IT skills and the ability to learn new tools and systems quickly
- Ability to multitask and prioritize a range of responsibilities
- Confident and professional manner
- Exposure to REST/SOAP API’s and relevant tools (e.g. Postman)
- PHP 7+ with a solid understanding of OOP principles
- HTML5, CSS3 and SCSS, Docker / Node / NPM / Grunt
- Experience using database technologies (MySQL / Postgres)
- Experience with XML/JSON
We are a rapidly expanding provider of eLearning solutions, proud to be working with some of the most prestigious names in business and education. Working with a range of customers in the UK, and 30 other countries internationally, there is true diversity to the work we do. We have an immediate need to add to our team, providing an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to join our company during this phase of fast-paced growth.
The Titus Values
We care about making Titus a great place to work for our team members, and actively support our team to be their best in how they live and work our values.
Growth: We develop as individuals, and as a team
Responsibility: We always take ownership
Quality: We do our best every time
Flexibility: We do whatever needs to be done
Trust: We communicate openly
Applications are now being accepted, with interviews to follow in the next few weeks. If you would like to apply for this exciting new role, please email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for applications is 11th September 2020 and the successful candidate will start asap.
Any questions? Please contact us at email@example.com or 01133 200 346.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions, we might withdraw the offer.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working.
It’s our people that make Titus great. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Titus can be their best.
**STRICTLY NO AGENCIES**
If you think you’d be a good fit, get in touch on the button below: